Reposted with permission from: REX Real Estate Exchange
By now, every family and business is experiencing the real-time and extraordinary impacts of COVID-19 in their daily lives and communities. At REX, we are monitoring updates from public health officials and responding to ensure the safety, health and well-being of our employees and customers.
Our Bay Area and Los Angeles offices sheltered in place immediately after local and state directives were announced. In addition, our Austin office will begin to work from home on March 24 following today’s order from Mayor Steve Adler.
As we confront COVID-19 together, REX will continue to help families protect their hard-earned equity. Here is how: we are the digital alternative to the traditional real estate broker. We work to connect buyers and sellers online using predictive analytics to save consumers tens of thousands of dollars in unnecessary fees, while also providing more than full-service.
REX’s application and technology are uniquely made for this moment
We are already seeing a surge in the number of consumers reaching out to REX to help them sell their home and save money.
- February was REX’s largest sales month to date since we founded the company.
- In the last week, we listed more homes than any week of 2020 and are on track to help consumers sell three times more homes this year than in 2019.
- We are expanding our business – right now – to help customers buy and sell homes.
- Lastly, REX’s social mission is continuing. Using proceeds from recent sales, our teams continue to build homes for economically disadvantaged families.
We built REX to complete real estate transactions in the cloud
Buyers and sellers need solutions even as society shelters in place or engage in social distancing. Since we founded the business, REX has perfected and deployed full-service capabilities that can be performed entirely online:
- Virtual home consultations for sellers via video chat and phone.
- REX Live open houses and virtual tours for buyers.
- Licensed REX team members are available 24/7 to answer questions.
- Our fully automated back office can handle the entire transaction, including mortgage, escrow and insurance, without requiring any in-person meetings.
- We have built an easy-to-use web dashboard that will guide you through the entire process of buying or selling a home.
We remain 100% committed to the American consumer
We created REX in 2015 to bring residential real estate into line with today’s expectations by using artificial intelligence and data modeling to provide a superior outcome for buyers and sellers at one-third the cost.
REX matches buyers and sellers directly and charges a total fee as low as 2%, instead of the 5-6% traditional fee brokers charge. The buyer advantage at REX is if they purchase a REX home, we do not collect a commission. If the buyer purchases an MLS home through REX, we return 50% of the fee collected by traditional brokers. This translates to tens of thousands of dollars saved for customers on both sides of a real estate transaction.
Now, more than ever, this is an incredible advantage for American families who deserve to keep every dollar of the equity they earned in their homes while being safe and receiving full service.
We are here to answer any questions you might have
The REX team will give you a straight answer, and we would love to help you sell your home and maximize your equity during this difficult time.
Please call our team at (855) 342-4739 if we can help.
We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.
Jack Ryan, Co-Founder & CEO